Introduction to the community
The first two sisters of the Society took their vows in London in 1935, where they worked among the poor, especially women and children. They moved for a few years to the Isle of Wight, but during the Second World War were advised by the authorities to move. In 1942, they relocated to Posbury in Devon, providing a centre for retreats, as well as working in parishes with Sunday School and confirmation work, talks to the Mothers’ Union and the like. Gradually, the community has shrunk in numbers and with the death of Mother Hilary in 2019, only one elderly sister remains.
Address: Posbury St Francis, Crediton, Devon, EX17 3QG, UK