Introduction to the community
The Community of the Transfiguration, founded in 1898 by Eva Lee Matthews, is a Religious community of women dedicated to the mystery of the Transfiguration. Our life is one of prayer and service, reflecting the spirit of Mary and Martha, shown forth in spiritual, educational and social ministries. The Mother House of the community is located in Cincinnati, Ohio, where our ministries include a retreat and spirituality center, a school, and a recreation center.
The Sisters live their life under the vows of poverty, chastity and obedience. The motto of the community is Benignitas, Simplicitas and Hilaritas – Kindness, Simplicity and Joy.
Address of main house:
495 Albion Avenue, Cincinnati, Ohio 45246, USA
Addresses of other houses:
Transfiguration Spirituality Center, 469 Albion Avenue, Cincinnati, Ohio 45246, USA
Bethany School, 555 Albion Avenue, Glendale, Ohio 45246, USA
Sisters of the Transfiguration, 4527 Harris Road, Butler, Ohio 44822, USA
St Monica’s Recreation Center, 10022 Chester Road, Lincoln Heights, Ohio 45215, USA
Bishop Visitor: Most Revd Michael B. Curry
Mrs Harlan Cleveland, Mother Eva Mary CT: The story of a foundation, Morehouse, Milwaukee, WI, 1929.
Sibyl Harton, Windfall of Light: a study of the Vocation of Mother Eva Mary CT,
Roessler, Cincinnati, OH, 1968.
Sister Monica Mary Heyes, Women of Devotion, Orange Frazer Press, Cincinnati, OH, 2014.
Third Order, Fellowship, Associates
Associates and Oblates