Introduction to the community
Soon after the inauguration of the Church of South India (CSI) in 1948, a Religious Order for women was organized under the initiative and leadership of Sister Carol Graham, a deaconess in the Anglican Church before 1948. The Order has both active and associate members. The former group take a vow of celibacy, observe a rule of life and are engaged in some form of full-time Christian service. The Order is a member of the Diakonia World Federation. The Sisters are dispersed among the twenty-one dioceses of the CSI.
Address: 18, CSI Women’s House, Infantry Road, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560001, India